Good news for Apple customers! Apple has officially announced the iOS 5 and will be available for the people this fall 2011.It is loaded with more than over 200 new features which would be a treat for its customers. As for now, those who cannot wait for iOS 5, can upgrade their firmware to iOS beta 1(a pre-release to iOS 5).
If your iPhone is unlocked, then you cannot upgrade to iOS 5 beta 1.Follow these steps to upgrade your firmware to iOS 5 beta 1(only for locked iPhone users):
- First of all, download iOS 5 beta 1 for your respective device.
- Extract the downloaded file on your computer.
- Then connect your device to the computer.
- You have get your UDID registered on iPhone Developer program.
- Once you have got the UDID registered, launch iTunes and click on restore.
- Open the downloaded file from the iTunes i.e. the iOS 5 beta 1 file.
- Everything done! Wait for iTunes to finish the task.
IPod touch users won’t be able to sync their iPod to iTunes after upgrading to iOS beta 1. If you do not bother about syncing with iTunes, then do give it a try.