iPhone browser was first browser in mobile that could show both regular websites and web based browsers. Still customers are not satisfied and are demanding for more. They desire for all websites to have iPhone version.
Let’s suppose you have decided to create your website’s iPhone version. After making decision you also wanted to check for your new optimized iPhone website. Below are options that you can adopt.
If you have not installed iPhone SDK and you are working on MAC, you can use emulator to see how your website looks like. You can use any online sites if you are working on operating system other than MAC. But! It is hard to say that these websites are very accurate.
The third option is Automator that allows you to see how your website looks like by creating a workflow. Below steps will show you how to use it
- Download and then install website popup action. Link to download is given below: http://www.macosxautomation.com/services/download/pkg/WebsitePopupActionInstaller.zip
- After installation go to Automator and choose Workflow template.
- From library, select “Get Specified URLs” action.
- Now delete “apple.com” from URL list and add URL of your own website.
- Browse “Website Popup” and drag it on main workflow area.
- Save workflow as an application and close the Automator. Over!