“Find My iPhone” is MobileMe service that allows you to track for your beloved iPhone that you lost. This service is now available for free if you update your device to iOS 4.2.1. By default it is present in fourth generation iOS devices but is not available in older versions. But what you will do if you desire for such service into your older model? Well! You can setup this service into your older iPhone by accessing any one of new models.
Let’s follow below instructions if you are older iPhone user and want to setup up Find My iPhone Mobile Me service.
- Go to App store and download Find My iPhone app from your iOS device. After downloading, install it on your older model.
- Create your MobileMe account if you don’t have already.
- Once you have created your account, tap on “Settings” from home screen. Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” and then “Add a MobileMe account”.
- Login to your account using Apple ID and password.
- Now search for “Find My iPhone” app and login to your account to complete the setup.
- Download Find My iPhone app and repeat steps for your older iOS device. But! This time you don’t need to create MobileMe account again. Simply sign in and repeat procedure.