A hard drive carrying too much data can prove dangerous. If the other hard drive is available, it is good to shift some data to that. The iTunes library usually has large size. It is worth shifting to the other hard drive. Follow the given course of action in order to change the location of your iTunes library.
- Launch iTunes. Go to the iTunes Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Check the option of “keep iTunes media folder organized”.
- Find and click the button of Change, given right to the text box on the top of the window.
- Specify the location where you want to shift the iTunes library.
- Go to File > Library > Organize Library
- Select the option of Consolidate Files. Press the OK button.
It will start transferring the files. After the transfer process is complete, you can remove the files from the original location, freeing a lot of space.