SolarCity is the nation’s most important full service solar provider for homeowners, businesses and government organizations the first company to provide solar power system design, financing, installation and monitoring services from a single source. SolarCity was founded with the mission to help millions of homeowners and businesses adopt solar power, protect themselves from rising electricity costs and protect their environment from polluting power sources. We have assembled one of the most experienced solar design and installation teams in the U.S., including NABCEP certified electricians, experienced roofers and integrators for large scale projects.
2. Suntech Power
Suntech increases, produces, and provides the world’s most dependable and profitable solar energy solutions. Suntech was founded in the year 2001 by leading solar scientist Dr. Zhengrong Shi; “we are the world’s largest producer of silicon solar modules.” Suntech Power has developed the mechanized organ to transmit crystalline silicon solar panels at lower costs than many competitors, keeping the economy of the country stabilized. The Chinese corporation reached 1 gigawatt of solar cell generation capability at its factories in China by the end of the year 2008. The Chinese municipal company also is considering results from its speculation in what it calls the Pluto expertise, which can boost the rate of sunlight-to-electricity alteration of solar cells to close to 20 percent. That will help it to close the gap with SunPower, which makes cells with 22 percent efficiency and sell the panels at higher prices. Most of the solar panels sold today are made with crystalline silicon.
1. First Solar
At our top ten lists First Solar has been ranked number one. First Solar is assembling an ambitious and determined proposal to triumph over the project expansion business. The solar panel maker paid about $400 million for gigawatts worth of fragmentary solar power projects from OptiSolar earlier this year, including a crown-jewel deal to build a 550-megawatt solar farm in California and sell power to the utility Pacific Gas and Electric Co. First Solar also recently won a contract to build a 48-megawatt solar power plant for Sempra Generation. Some of its Quick facts and figures have been mentioned below;
- Founded in the year 1999 and commenced construction of profitable products in the year 2002.
- Accomplished the lowest manufacturing cost per watt in the industry, breaking $1 per watt in the year 2008.
- First Solar will bring total predictable capability to just about 2.5GW by the end of year 2012.
- Industrialized the first inclusive, prefunded module collection and recycling program in the PV industry.
- Attained the smallest carbon footprint and fastest energy payback time of any PV technology on the market, when measured on a life cycle basis.
- When in operation, modules generate electricity with no air emissions, no waste production, and no water use
- Launched IPO on November 17, 2006; Common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol FSLR