Sometimes when one is jail breaking his or her iphone or ipad or ipod from Redsn0w software, the device stuck with a screen claiming, “Waiting for Reboot”. To fix this issue following are the tips do follow them they work very well, but before that following are the requirements for fixing up:
- First of all make sure you are using the proper IPSW file for your iOS device.
- Windows users need to be sure they are running redsn0w as Administrator in XP Compatibility Mode
If you are using the proper firmware and running the app correctly, and you are still stuck, proceed with the following fixes:
- With redsn0w running, unplug your iPhone’s USB connection and plug it back in
- Unplug the USB cable from the computer and plug it into a different USB port that is closer to your computer (not a USB hub, keyboard, etc)
- Reboot your iPhone by holding down the Home and Power buttons for 30 seconds
The “waiting for reboot” message may also appear on the iPod touch and iPad too, troubleshooting the problem is the same.