Follow the given steps to install android on iPhone. First we need to do some steps to ready the device for the android installation.
- Download .ipsw file from the marvell’s website.
- Make a new folder “firmware” in the home directory of Linux machine.
- Extract the file “SD-8686-FEDORA26FC6-SYSKT-GPL-9.70.3.p24-26409.P45” to temp folder.
- From the above extracted file, get “FwImage/sd8686.bin” and “FwImage/helper_sd.bin” and place them in firmware folder.
- Change the name of “helper_sd.bin” to the “sd8686_helper.bin”.
This was for wlan firmware. Now for multitouch firmware:
- Make a folder “idroid” in the home directory of the Linux machine.
- Extract the content of “utils/dripwn”.
- Copy the “3.1.2.ipsw” file and paste it into idroid folder
- Open command line shell. Find the idroid folder.
- Copy the VFDecrypt key for 3G from http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Northstar_7D11_%28iPhone_3G%29 and for any older iphone, you can get it from http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Northstar_7D11_%28iPhone%29
- In the command shell type below lines of code for first generation and 3G iphone respectively.
- After few moments, you will get “zephyr2.bin”, “zephyr_aspeed.bin” and “zephyr_main.bin” in the idroid folder. Add these files to the folder of idroid.
- Install openssh in to the iPhone.
Now we are ready to install android.
- Extract the files “prebuilt/cache.img”, “prebuilt/android.img.gz”, “prebuilt/userdata.img”, “prebuilt/system.img”, “prebuilt/ramdisk.img”, and “zImage” from prebuilt tarball.
- Upload the files in to “/private/var” using scp command or sftp client. Through scp, use the following commands to upload the files.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Extract the files utils/oibc, utils/loadibec, and prebuilt/openiboot.img3 from prebuilt tarball to idroid folder
- Power off the iphone and switch it to recovery mode.
- Open the terminal and run the following commands.
- From the boot menu, select the option of console to launch it.
- Now in the terminal, type the following commands. Press enter after each command
- To exit from the terminal, press Ctrl + C.
- Open openiboot and select the OS from the menu to boot android from.