Android has enabled the users to enjoy many features which were previously impossible. There are many apps available in the Android market that can make many of the tasks as easy as pie.
Making the back up of SMS was something out of the world previously. There is an application available in the Android market with which we can easily make SMS backup
The application is SMS Backup. It is a freeware and can be downloaded on Android phone from Android market. It transfers SMS from Android phone to the Gmail account. For this application enable IMAP in Gmail preferences from computer.
- Start the app.
- Enter the details of your Gmail account.
- Change the settings according to your preferences. Otherwise leave them to default.
- Press the button of backup now.
- Wait for a few minutes until it loads all your sms to your Gmail account.
- A new label –sms will be created in your inbox. You can also mark it as read.
From now onwards whenever you will receive a new message it will be transferred automatically to your Gmail account through this app.