Windows vista has very attractive look. The best part is you can achieve the same look on your Windows XP without using any software and by following the given instructions.
- Change the theme of the Windows XP. Search on Google for themes. Download the zip file and extract its contents to C:WINDOWSResourcesThemes.
- Change the desktop wallpaper. Check the theme folder, it may include one. Otherwise search on Google for vista’s wallpapers.
- Download Firefox and customize it using user created themes.
- Change the cursor. Search on Google for Aero Cursor Pack and download it. You can also search on Google for tutorials about changing mouse pointers.
- Get some applications to add transparent effect on your system. Vista explorer and internet explorer (transparent version) are two that you can download for transparency on your computer.
- Tune the font settings of your system to ClearType fonts as vista also uses these types of fonts.