Great! Apple has released iOS 5 beta 3 and iTunes 10.5 beta 3 for iOS devices. One question would definitely come in to your mind is it possible to jailbreak iOS 5 beta 3 or not? Well! Latest version of redsn0w introduced into jailbreak iOS 5 beta 1 is also capable to jailbreak iOS 5 beta 3.
Following steps will tell you how to jailbreak iOS 5 beta 3 tethered.
- Download iOS 5 beta 3 ipsw and iTunes 10.5 beta 3. Restore iOS 5 beta 3 to your devices.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 1.
- Explore redsn0w 0.9.8 b1 and then select the iOS 5 b1 ipsw. If you don’t have iOS 5 beta1 ipsw then download it firstly.
- Select “Install Cydia” option. Turn off your device and make sure that it is plugged in.
- Set device into DFU mode. Hold “Power” button only for three seconds then hold both Power and home button for 10 seconds. Leave Power button and release Home button when redsn0w injects Limera1n bootrom exploit. Reboot your device. That’s it!
How to boot devices using redsn0w
- Explore redsn0w. Select iOS 5 b1 ipsw.
- Check option “just boot tethered now” and uncheck box “Install Cydia”. Click “Next”.
- Set DFU mode as mentioned in above steps.
- iOS device, tethered will automatically boot up.