If you have been looking for some worthwhile engineering apps for some time now, then your search is over because today we have compiled a list of the best and all-encompassing engineering softwares available in the market. The softwares in the list range from a price tag of $5,000 to $0, yes, some are even free, opensource to be exact.
No 10. Maxima
Maxima is a full featured Computer Algebra System or CAS that also offers numerical capabilities.
Some of its features are:
- Arbitrary-precision arithmetic
Maxima is also compatible with MacOS X and Linux, apart from Windows.
No 9. MathCAD
Software primarily for verification, validation, documentation and re-use of engineering calculations, MathCAD also features some CAS capabilities.
Here is a list of some of its features:
- Solving differential equations, with several possible numerical methods
- Graphing functions in two or three dimensions
- Symbolic calculations including solving systems of equations
- Vector and matrix operations including eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- Curve fitting
- Finding roots of polynomials and functions
- Statistical functions and probability distributions
- Calculations in which units are bound to quantities
And by the way Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company has selected MathCAD as a standard environment for performing, documenting and managing the structural calculations on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) programme.