Previously over the ages whenever a new iOS device was bought, it was essential to connect it to a pc and link with iTunes which would then help with the installation and activation of your iOS device. But with iOS 5, everything changes. This posts breaks down the procedure to setting up iOS 5 on your device. Before proceeding to installing the iOS on the device, try going through the instructions carefully. Do consult the tutorials regarding installing and activating iOS 5. Power on your device to get started with the setup procedure
- On the language selection menu, choose the language your most convenient in.
- On the next menu, choose the country you belong from.
- Next choose the preferred wifi network.
- Next it would display 3 options to go with.
- Setup as new iPod touch
- Restore from iCloud Backup
- Restore from iTunes
- Choose to setup fresh (Select the first option).
- Enter your AppleID, it would then automatically setup iCloud, Appstore, iTunes.
- You can either sign in with an existing id or create a new one.
- After you login with your Apple ID, you will be able to turn iCloud on and be asked whether you would wish to locate your device.
- Next you would be asked for diagnostic report check, whether to send them to Apple or not.
Finishing that step you are ready to use your device with the new iOS.