Apple ‘iOS 5 Beta 1 Firmware’ activation is necessary to setup iOS 5 in device. If you don’t have the developer account you need to download and activate Beta 1 Firmware. Firmware activation needs an UDID of your device to get registered with developer program of iPhone for using Firmware Legally.
Ways of Getting UDID registration:
- 1. If you are a developer, simply pay $100 and get into iPhone Developer Program.
- 2. If you are not a developer, there is a second way to get id as various websites are selling registration of UDID in 5-10$ price range for two to three days.
Steps to find UDID of your device:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Run iTunes and click on device summary.
- Move your mouse arrow on serial number and click ON. It switches the UDID.
- Note down the UDID gently.
Users having iPod touch (3G/4G), in case of iOS 5, without UDID they will not be able to synchronize with iTunes.