CDs consist of 99% clear polycarbonate plastic. The reflective layer, protective layer and screen print comprise the remaining 1% of the disc. A disc is created from molten polycarbonate and digital information is stamped on the top of the disc, while it is still near melting point, using a die with microscopic bumps. These bumps