Sometimes due to certain reasons, iPhone do not allow the users to send emails and generate the error “cannot send mail”. This particular error can be resolved by tracing the reason behind it. Following can be the possible reasons of mail sending failure in iPhone.
- There can be network connectivity issue. In such instances, try sending mail again when the signal gets stronger.
- Check your network settings such as cellular data, Wi-Fi and airplane mode. For email sending, cellular data must be set to on and airplane mode must be off. Try to send email after disabling the Wi-Fi.
- Restart your iPhone. This may solve the problem.
- Make sure your iPhone has latest operating system. Sync your iPhone to computer for latest software updates
- Add additional SMTP servers. If one server fails, iPhone will try sending through the other server
- Finally you can try deleting the email account from the iPhone and create a new one.